- 01. Unbox
- 02. Connect
- 03. Download the app
- 04. Get on board
Setting up your LSX II is easy. Discover what makes these speakers revolutionary in just three steps.
Start unboxing your LSX II by carefully opening the packaging. Follow the instructions detailed on the boxing to lift your speakers up from the sides and to avoid damaging the Uni-Q drivers. Included in your LSX II packaging, you will find:
- Two speakers (one Primary, one Secondary)
- One remote control
- One inter-speaker cable
- Two power cables
- Printed materials (Quick Start Guide, warranty & safety information, and cleaning guide).
03. Download the app
04. Get on board
Connect speakers to Wi-Fi
For the best sound experience, onboard your speakers to your WiFi network. We recommend a 5 GHz WiFi network for stable streaming. Your mobile device must also be connected to the same WiFi network.
We recommend a 5 GHz WiFi network for stable streaming, especially for hi-resolution music. To stream audio to your LSX II, your mobile device must be connected to the same WiFi network as your speakers.
Set up your iOS device
Once you’re in the app, find your speakers on the “Speakers Nearby” list, select them, and follow the prompts. You can give your speakers a new name. You’ll know they’re ready when the WiFi icon on the control panel stops blinking and is a solid white and you’ve got the green tick in the speaker list.
Set up your Android device
Once you’re in the app, let it use your location services, then find your speakers on the “Speakers Nearby” list. If you’re using Google Play Services, there’ll be a few extra prompts. You can give your speakers a new name. You’ll know they’re ready when the WiFi icon on the control panel stops blinking and is solid white. You’ll also see the green tick on your speaker list.
Get to know your speakers even more
- Wireless: Up to 8 metres apart depending on your network condition. A congested network environment will have more interference and may reduce this distance.
- Wired: A cable length of up to 10 metres.
- Optimal listening distance between the speakers and the listener will depend on how far the Primary Speaker and Secondary Speakers are separated from each other. Try to aim for approximately the same distance between the Primary Speaker and Secondary Speaker, and between the speakers and the listener.
LSX II can cover a room of 10–100 m2.
No, yourspeakers have already been paired at the factory.
Renaming can be done in the KEF Connect App. This will change the name for both WiFi and Bluetooth connections.
Use this inter-speaker cable to connect the Primary Speaker and Secondary Speaker if you prefer a higher sound resolution (96 kHz/24 bit), or if the wireless connection between the speakers is not stable. After connecting the inter-speaker cable, you must also enable Cable Mode in the KEF Connect App.